In this time of social distancing I wanted to reassure you that whilst the clinic is open to support your health and wellbeing, I am also doing everything I can, (in line with government, my professional govening body and insurance guidelines), to protect you and me from the virus.
There is numbers of research papers proving that Chinese Medicine supports the immune system, which is best defence against viral or bacterial infection. Keeping people healthy and well is what my clinic is all about, and I have always adhered to the highest standards of hygiene. Here are some ongoing hygiene standards, as well as, the new measures I have introduced to keep both of us all safe and well:
1. I screen all patients for Covid-19 symptoms prior to their appointment. You will be sent a pre-screening questionnaire and a consent form , please fill them in as close to the appointment as possible. Failure to complete the questionnaire will result in your appointment being cancelled.
2. I would kindly ask that you come alone, where possible, so that we limit contact between people at the clinic.
3. Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early for your appointment as there is no waiting area available. If you arrive early you may be asked to wait outside regardless of the weather conditions. Please note that if you are late for your appointment your treatment time will be reduced.
4. On arrival I wilI ask you to use sanitiser on your hands and put a mask on (Fluid resistant mask are required, please bring your own or I could supply one for you), I will then take your temperature, anyone with a temperature over 37.5 degrees may be asked to reschedule their appointment. After the treatment I would like you to sanitise/ wash your hands again. I will open all the doors for your to leave your hands clean.
6. Please avoid touching any surfaces both on your way in and also while in the treatment room.
7. I am using a TDP infrared lamp instead of moxa box for the time being. HEPA air purifier may be switched on and a window will be opened for the whole duration of the treatment.
8. I would ask you to wear comfortable, loose clothing will rollable trousers, but in most cases I would ask you to change into a gown. Those are freshly washed.
9. Soft furnishing in the clinic have been limited to ensure all items/surfaces can be disinfected between treatments. Treatment couch have no electric blanket or cover, only paper couch. Pillows have vinyl covering. Freshly clean towels/ blankets are used for each patient and these are laundered.
10. I have increased cleaning of high contact areas such as door handles and chairs, taps, couch with disinfectant.
The toilet will be available only in emergency situation, if you need to use it please make sure you flush the toilet with the lid down.
11. I have hospital grade PPE (compulsory mask and visor if necessary) that will be worn during consultation and treatment
12. I always wash my hands with antibacterial soap before and after each contact with patient.
13. I allow up to 15 minutes between appointments to disinfect the treatment room and equipment between each patient, air the room and to limit contact between patients in the clinic.
14. If you have any cold or flu symptoms, have been in close contact with someone with symptoms, or have recently travelled to one of the high risk areas as detailed by the government. I kindly ask that you do not attend your appointment and give me as much notice as possible of your non-attendance. If you are at all concerned please contact me directly to discuss.
15. If you tested positive with the coronavirus you will need to self-isolate in line with government guidelines - do not attend your appointment, and please notify me of your non-attendance and onset of symptoms as soon as possible:
17. You MUST tell your acupuncturists if you develop any Covid19 symptoms or test positive for Covid19 up to 48 hours after treatment, in line with ‘contact, track and trace’ requirements to avoid any further transmissions. This is particularly important as I may see ‘clinically vulnerable‘ and ‘extremely clinically vulnerable‘ in clinic.
18. If you have been told to self-isolate or are in one of the high risk groups identified by the government (see below) I kindly ask that you do not book a face-to-face appointment with me as I will be unable to treat you.
19. Lastly if I come in contact with someone who tested positive I will inform you if you have been exposed to any risk. I will also inform you if I contract the virus and need to cancel the clinic. All updates would happen over email/phone.
I continue to closely monitor government advice and will update our practices as necessary.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank-you for your ongoing loyalty and support. Please stay safe and we hope to see you in the clinic soon.